Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 2

Ignorance is not bliss


Today i decide to make some pretty explosions of the PVP type. Doesnt quite go as expected.

Due to not reading everything i could find about EVE, my first foray into PVP ends badly for me. I go out into the vastness of space hunting for a target to shoot. Now i have no reason to shoot anybody in particular, i dont know anybody within this game except the friend who reccomended it, but figured the reason im even playing this game is for that very reason, killing for the sake of killing.

My victim was a guy i found in a belt minding his own business. I went about orbiting him, locked him up and activated my webber on him. At this point i should have paid more attention as a notice flashed up on screen warning me what i was doing was bad and punishable by someone called CONCORD. No worries i thought, i was about to shoot this stranger for no reason other than being there.
It was going well at first, removed the guys shields, followed by his armour and just started chipping away at his structure when all my shields,armour and structure suddenly went red and claxtons sounded. Before i knew it, i was sitting in my pod within a wreck of what was once my shiney new Thrasher destroyer.

Always learning

It took me a few seconds to realize what had happened, to be honest i still wasnt sure after a full minute really so took to the Eve online player forums to have my questions answered and to be publically mocked.
You see, turns out New Eden is divided into 'zones'. High sec which is .5 up to 1.0 space, low sec which is .1 up to .4 space, and Null sec, which is from 0.0 all the way down to -1.0
Its in this high sec 'safe' space where CONCORD lives. They are the gods of carebears everywhere, protecting those within from people like me, who respond to illegal fighting - which is what i did - with thunderous force and a security status hit. Pah!

All this was explained to me via various members on the forums in reply to my original post. I'll add the links that were given to me at the end of this post for reference if nothing else.

So, my first day of real PVP didnt end well, but for each and every loss, i will learn where i went wrong, i will learn what not to do next time and each and every ship i lose will not be a loss as such, more another lesson for me, and hopefully make me that little bit better for the next time!


Some links i found usefull :-

Eve Wiki
Battleclinic
making ISK

No comments:

Post a Comment