Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 4

Rifter fight

I find myself looking at my wallet, i started off with a few ships and approx 1.4million isks from the tutorials. After losing that first Thrasher, and then the 2nd in Amamake, i was down to maybe 30k isks until the two 10m donations were given to me. I started to realize that i had to try and make my cash last a little longer.

Within Eve there are many ways to make isks, main one to somebody like me being missions, fighting against NPC's for cash rewards. Mind numbing and of no interest to me tbh. PVP is not a viable way to earn money i learn, so decide to buy a GTC - Game Time Code - via shattered crystal. I can exchange this code for a PLEX - Pilot License Extension - which i can then sell on the market for hundreds of millions once my 20 million goes up in a ball of flames. Sounds like a plan, even though is makes me feel like im cheating in some way by cutting corners. meh.

I've decided to stick to Rifters for now, the lowest tier ships in EVE and consequently the cheapest to buy and fit out for a beginner to learn in and lose. I ask in HEK local ( home for now ) if anybody new like me fancies a 1 v 1 as i cant be assed to make the 8 jumps into Amamake again. I get a bite, a player who is only 9 days older than i am. We meet up in a belt, they drop 1 ammo in a can which i take to gain aggro to allow a CONCORD free fight.

Things start off well, im getting through his shields a lot faster than he's getting through mine. I made sure to orbit at optimal according to my gun info, and hoped for the best. Once i was through his shields, mine were only down 50% so i started to think this might be my first win.
It wasnt to be. End result was another rifter loss dammit.
After a chat i find my opponent was flying with 200mm armour plates which explained why getting through his armour was waaay slower than his shields and what gifted the victory to him.

No to worry i thought as headed back to station and bought 10 more rifters.

At this point i decided to leave my trouble causing ways a day or two while i train a couple of skills to help sway the odds in my favour, namely being able to fit rigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment