Tuesday 3 January 2012

In the beginning....

A little about me first.

I'm just a normal guy, i'm married and have 2 daughters of 9 and 8yrs old, i own my own company employing 6 people and work my ass off making it work. I'm also a geek who loves sci-fi books and films and have an unhealthy addiction to Xbox360 according to my wife!

Never have i played an MMO, the closest ive been is probably a game called Imperion which is made by the same people who make Travian. Basically it's the same type of thing as Travian, but in space. Now the version i played for 18months was V.9 which was a brilliant version with only a few minor bugs.

In the final standings for that server, out of a player base of approx 32000, i came 2nd place for overall offense points across all species, came 1st for my particular race in both offense, size, QI untis stolen and overall population. I was hated by everyone on the entire server across all 3 universes excluding my corp mates who were all pretty much like i was, attacked everybody and anybody lol

That server ended 2 years ago when they upgraded the game to V1 which was a totally different game in every respect, dumbed down to appeal to the 'casual gamer' and consequently was fucked up to the point of not even being playable, so after 2 weeks of this new version, i quit out with 90% of the players from V.9

Present Day

Having been a long time Xbox360 player, i'd been using this to get my 'gaming kicks' when the urge took me and it wasnt until a good friend ( online friend ) mentioned EVE to me. Now i'd heard of EVE before, i'd even given it a go 3 maybe 4 years ago but just didnt get it and couldnt figure it out so gave it up after a week.

I decided to give it another go after a long persuasive chat with my friend that it was a good open ended game and you could be what you wanted to be, you didnt have to be at your keyboard 23 hours a day nor needed to be in a big corporation to get some fun from it. It was when he touched on other aspects that it peaked my interest- "you can even be a pirate or mercenary if you like and blow other peoples ships up". Ok, he had my attention.

The next day i went to www.eveonline.com and made my 2 week trial account.

I was now a legendary capsuleer within the sandbox of EVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment