Tuesday 3 January 2012

Day 6

Time to die Tristan

Woo hoo, i can now fit shield rigs! This is bound to make me a little tougher to kill in my quest for my first win i thought on waking. I log in, and after visiting Battleclinic to find some good Rifter fits i set about building my ship.

Today i decide to try out what i've found to be called 'can flipping'. It involves finding somebody within an astroid belt who is jet can mining their ore. Basically mining until their hold is full, then dumping it in a big can to pick back up later allowing them to mine for longer between trips back to station. Now, i've found EVE kind of promotes scumbaggery by creating rules that allow theiving lol
I can steal somebodies stuff from a jet can, which will make them able to shoot at me without CONCORD coming to kick their ass.

I also learnt this can be a way to fight in high sec without consequences from CONCORD. So i go forth setting a random system 20 jumps away and decide to check out a few belts in each system to see if i can find a lone player mining into a jet can. This method is boring, let me just get that out there. A rifter, the smallest pissiest frigate in the game can enter a belt and make a 200+million T2 miner ship ( A Hulk ) warp out in fear. How messed up is that? lol

Regardless of amusing sights, i finally find a frigate mining in a belt into a can. Heres my chance i thought, so long as they dont warp off i might get a bite. I warp in, approach him, steal some ore he just mined and wait.....

Then i hear weapons fire, and my cue to open up back.

I DID IT. I really did, i killed that guys Tristan and got some loot as a bonus! Local lit up immediately with rants, threats, and general 'why you shoot me you no life *******" ect. I sat there with a massive grin on my stupid face watching this guy go mental at me, was even better when i asked him if he wanted to buy his stuff back at a discount lol

So there you have it, my first kill and first 'tears' as they call them. The fight was worth it for the amusement in local chat afterwards alone, the loot drop was just a bonus!

Surprise butt sex

Still riding the high from my virgin kill, i headed back to HEK to unload my ill gotten gains before heading back out again.
Chose Amamake again, no idea why, maybe familiararity im not sure. Made it through with no gate camps again, and made an extra one or two safe spots before going to my D-Scanner. Found local to be mostly full of frigs and destroyers, nice i thought, so i proceeded to randomly warp into the belts at 100km just to check them out, see what turned up ect.

I found one guy in a Bantam via D-Scan in a belt and warped off to him right away, on landing he warped off again so dont know if he saw me coming of if it was just coincidence or what, but i was sat there on my own about to warp to another belt when my overview went red with a guy just warped in on top of me!
A quick look tells me its a Tristan - sort of ironic considering its the same ship i just blew up not 60mins prior - who locks me up and immediately scrams me so im going nowhere. I have to admit here, i kind of panicked breifely due to the surprise of him warping in and locking me up so quickly so i didnt have time to do anything other than see the ship type.
I thought i was going to last longer than the 5 seconds it took him to get me in my pod again, but he was a smart player.

During the convo in local afterwards, he explained how he did it so easily. My ship has a lock range of approx 22km, his was greater than mine so he just kept his distance hovering just out of my lock range so i couldnt really do anything other than wait for his Hornet II drone to make light work of me.

So to wrap up, today i got my first kill. I also lost another Rifter in low sec.

To summerise my first week in New Eden:-

Ive lost 4 ships and killed 1

I was given 20m isks by 2 total strangers in low sec.

I've had 2 offers already to join corps, one of them unfortunately being a U.S timezone corp so i wouldnt have been any use living in the UK, and another from a guy inviting me down into null sec for some PVP experience in free T1 ships and fittings.

Overall i'd say its been a blast, a fun ride the whole time upto now and cant understand how people who are risk averse get any kind of enjoyement out of a game of this nature.
Still, each to their own i guess.

Fly dangerous people!!

Rox

3 comments:

  1. QUOTE:"My ship has a lock range of approx 22km, his was greater than mine so he just kept his distance hovering just out of my lock range so i couldnt really do anything other than wait for his Hornet II drone to make light work of me." It was very interesting to read you blog.I hope you are aware of the fact that your current skills are still inferior so that many people in smaller ships will win fights against you. There are skills to increase your targeting-range so that you have chance to survive the same situation in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try a fitting like that......
    http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/53882-Slippery-Gypsy-Solo-PvP-Rifter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers for the fitting link, it'll certainly give me something to aim for. Still learning with every loss though lol

    ReplyDelete