Wednesday 25 January 2012

Gatecamps blow

Really they do.

Just lost a Thrasher, quickly followed by my pod to a camp in low sec space.

Now i'm not here to cry about it, more to try and understand the attraction. You see i get the whole 'free and easy kills with zero work' part, but how long had those guys been orbiting that gate for? 10 mins? 60 mins? more?
I mean i know some players are all about the stats - and checking up on the ones that got me on Battleclinic i can see thats what these guys were - but wheres the fun in that? No thrill of tracking down a target, no rush of warping in on them and starting up a fight, its just scram>pop>repeat.

I guess everybody is different when it comes down to what they find fun within EVE, i can say gate camping is definately not something that i'd be willing to participate in, unless part of a fleet cutting off an enemy fleet maybe, i dunno.

Anyway, not quite sure what i can take from this encounter to learn from, possibly not to warp to zero on a gate, but with no celestials within scan range of the destination gate, i dont know what else i could have done to avoid it.

On the plus side, getting podded did save me a journey back home lol

I still have a good few rifters left to play with, and 6 more Thrashers, but funds are only going down right now, and a completely red wallet isnt that impressive.
I might have to even, you know.........PVE a little
The mere thought gives me a sad :(

The things we do for fun eh?!

Fly dangerous people o/

No comments:

Post a Comment